Amending the Florida Constitution is our best path forward to ending political interference in our personal medical decisions, and in these final 30 days of the petition collection phase, we need all hands on deck to fight for abortion access.
In case you missed it, there’s been a major campaign update. Petitions are no longer needed from every part of Florida, instead, there are targeted Congressional Districts that need our full focus.
If your area has already collected enough petitions, please consider adopting another district and collecting much needed signatures. If you’re unable to travel, you can make calls to voters and walk them through the petition process over the phone; just click the “Calls to Priority Districts” tab of the dashboard to get started.
Below, we’ve listed a number of events going on this weekend that are perfect opportunities to collect petitions where we need them most. If you want to coordinate your own volunteering at a community event, click here to host an event so others can sign up to join you, too.
All event times are listed in EST unless noted otherwise.
Friday, December 1st:
- Bradenton Blues Festival: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Kissimmee Valley Farmers Market: Shifts 5:00pm-9:00pm
- First Friday in Railroad Square Tallahassee: 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Punta Gorda Tree Lighting: 5:30pm-9:30pm
Saturday, December 2nd:
- Voter Engagement in West Park: Shifts 9:30am-1:00pm
- Abortion Petition Swarm in Longwood: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Equality Florida Day of Action in Panama City: 10:00am-3:00pm CST
- Inverness Christmas Parade: 11:30am-1:30pm
- Light Up Tioga Gainesville: 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Oviedo Holiday Parade: 6:00pm-9:00pm
Sunday, December 3rd:
- GLAM Craft Show in Gainesville: Shifts 10:00am-5:00pm
- All Faiths Food Bank Event in Sarasota: 10:30am-1:30pm
- Jazz Brunch in Fort Lauderdale: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Port Orange Christmas Parade: 1:00pm-3:00pm
Don’t see an organized petition collection event in your area? That’s okay! Grab a buddy, a clipboard, & head out to a local event. From holiday parades to markets, there are so many crowds that will sign petitions if we show up.
Paid political advertisement provided in-kind by Progress Florida, 200 2nd Ave S, Ste 808, St. Petersburg, FL 33701