You don’t have to be a citizen of the United States to get an abortion and U.S. immigration authorities will not be contacted. Some courts require an ID and some do not. If you’re undocumented and don’t have a government ID, make sure to have something that proves who you are.
You can get a judicial bypass if you don’t speak English or don’t speak it well. Translators are available.
- What is a judicial bypass for abortion?
- Where do I go to get a judicial bypass?
- What forms do I need?
- What will the judge consider?
- Do I need a lawyer?
- How long does it take to get a judicial bypass?
- Does it cost money to get a judicial bypass?
- Will anyone know if I get a judicial bypass for abortion?
- What kinds of questions will the judge ask me?
- What do I wear to court?
- What happens if my hearing is scheduled during a school day?
- Does the other person involved in my pregnancy have a say about whether I choose to have an abortion?
- Do I have to be a US citizen to have an abortion? What if I don’t speak English well?
- Can I change my mind after I get the bypass?
- What if the judge denies my request for a bypass?