Do I have to be a US citizen to have an abortion? What if I don’t speak English well?

You don’t have to be a citizen of the United States to get an abortion and U.S. immigration authorities will not be contacted. Some courts require an ID and some do not. If you’re undocumented and don’t have a government ID, make sure to have something that proves who you are.

You can get a judicial bypass if you don’t speak English or don’t speak it well. Translators are available.

Related Questions